A large, vigorous shrub with attractive clusters of small, white flowers in spring followed by purplish-black berries and thick, pithy stems, quite coarse in winter; very adaptable, survives with minimal care but tends to sucker
American Elder is a multi-stemmed deciduous shrub with an upright spreading habit of growth. Its relatively coarse texture can be used to stand it apart from other landscape plants with finer foliage.
Bulk Material Calculator
- Select the material you are looking for.
- Measure the length and width of the area that you would like to cover (in feet or metres).
- Decide how deep you would like the coverage (in inches or centimetres)
- Enter your numbers in the form and click “Calculate”
- Material required will be presented in unit the material selected is sold by.
- Evergreen or Deciduous
- Flower Color
- Flower Period
- Fall Color
- Deer Resistance
- Wildlife Attraction
- Botanic Class