The Blues Bluestem
The Blues Bluestem is primarily grown for its highly ornamental fruit. The indian red seed heads are carried on showy plumes displayed in abundance from early fall to late winter. Its attractive grassy leaves are powder blue in colour. As an added bonus, the foliage turns a gorgeous coppery-bronze in the fall. It has masses of beautiful spikes of light green flowers rising above the foliage in late summer, which are most effective when planted in groupings. The brick red stems are very colorful and add to the overall interest of the plant.
The Blues Bluestem is an herbaceous perennial grass with an upright spreading habit of growth. It brings an extremely fine and delicate texture to the garden composition and should be used to full effect.
Bulk Material Calculator
- Select the material you are looking for.
- Measure the length and width of the area that you would like to cover (in feet or metres).
- Decide how deep you would like the coverage (in inches or centimetres)
- Enter your numbers in the form and click “Calculate”
- Material required will be presented in unit the material selected is sold by.
- Evergreen or Deciduous
- Flower Color
- Flower Period
- Fall Color
- Deer Resistance
- Botanic Class